Try six thinking hats to help keep your meetings on track
Managing business meetings effectively can be a real challenge especially when you have a mix of different personalities, experience and opinions in the same room. Six Thinking Hats provides a strong structure for your discussion and allows the chair to channel the energy of the group to maximise productivity during the allocated meeting time.
Give it go next time you hold your next meeting.
- The White Hat calls for information known or needed. “The facts, just the facts.”
- The Yellow Hat symbolizes brightness and optimism. Under this hat you explore the positives and probe for value and benefit.
- The Black Hat is judgment – the devil’s advocate or why something may not work. Spot the difficulties and dangers; where things might go wrong. Probably the most powerful and useful of the Hats but a problem if overused.
- The Red Hat signifies feelings, hunches and intuition. When using this hat you can express emotions and feelings and share fears, likes, dislikes, loves, and hates.
- The Green Hat focuses on creativity; the possibilities, alternatives, and new ideas. It’s an opportunity to express new concepts and new perceptions.
- The Blue Hat is used to manage the thinking process. It’s the control mechanism that ensures the Six Thinking Hats® guidelines are observed
At Futureproof we are serious about making every meeting you attend as productive as possible. Project planning, quality assessment, sales reviews, problem solving and innovation meetings are typical discussions that take place in most businesses every week and if not manage correctly can waste time and develop rifts between those attending. If you need support get in touch and we can design and development a workshop that will help your meetings go smoothly and result in productive outcomes and actions.
01623 409 824 or firstname.lastname@example.org.