Duration: 1 day | Maximum group size: 12 people
This course will examine practical conflict resolution techniques and strategies that managers can effectively utilise when managing conflict in the workplace. Delegates will develop the confidence to deal with a variety of difficult situations through employing an objective approach and effective communication skills.
Note: This course can be tailored to incorporate specific situations that are relevant to your business environment
Who would benefit from attending?
For anyone who wants to develop the skills and confidence to diffuse and effectively manage conflict in the workplace.
Core development objectives covered
• Why are people difficult?
• Understanding different personality preferences
• Identifying your personality preferences
• Adapting your approach to suit the situation
• Taking a proactive approach when conflict arises
• Handling conflict using the Kilmann model
• Essential communication skills
• Keeping an objective frame of mind
• Defining assertive v’s aggressive behaviour
• Demonstrate personal confidence when dealing with conflict
• Maintaining a professional working relationship
• Knowing when to involve HR / formal procedures
• Implementing a professional follow-up procedure
Other related subjects you may be interested in viewing
Futureproof’s training workshops require all delegates to take a full and active role throughout. Our mix of trainer led discussion, facilitation, coaching and skills practice ensures that all delegates enjoy an interactive and supportive learning experience.
Just a thought……
Attitude is huge. It can fire up conflict or heal it. Entering conflict with a positive attitude is key to saving the relationship, especially when your opponent is negative. On the flip side, a negative attitude can destroy a relationship. – William James