Duration: 1 to 2 days | Maximum group size: 12 people
This course is for managers who want to develop their basic financial knowledge and understanding. Delegates will learn about profit and loss, balance sheets, cash flow and forecasting by reviewing ‘real’ financial reports and in-turn recognise the part they can play in improving the financial position of the business.
Who would benefit from attending?
Those who have no previous financial training and who want to learn the fundamentals of managing business finance.
Core development objectives covered
• How effective finance management can benefit the business
• Understanding financial jargon & phrases
• Profit, cash flow & the balance sheet
• The importance of a healthy cash-flow position
• Understanding & managing business cost
• Variable & fixed costs
• Calculating break-even point
• Financial planning ~ forecasting & budgeting
• Understanding the need to financially appraise capital expenditure projects
• Making informed decisions using financial data
Other related subjects you may be interested in viewing
Futureproof’s training workshops require all delegates to take a full and active role throughout. Our mix of trainer led discussion, facilitation, coaching and skills practice ensures that all delegates enjoy an interactive and supportive learning experience.
Just a thought….
We were always focused on our profit and loss statement. But cash flow was not a regularly discussed topic. It was as if we were driving along, watching only the speedometer, when in fact we were running out of gas. – Michael Dell