Duration: 1 day | Maximum group size: 12 people
This course will explore the impact of equality & diversity in the workplace and the role and responsibility that managers have in encouraging an inclusive working environment. Delegates will learn the key principles of employment law and develop the confidence to deal effectively with employee issues as and when they arise.
Who would benefit from attending?
Managers who want to learn more about the responsibility that they have in promoting inclusivity in the workplace.
Core development objectives covered
• What is diversity & inclusion?
• The key legal principles of discrimination law
• Identify a manager’s obligations under law
• Understanding unconscious bias in yourself & others
• Identifying the benefits of developing an inclusive business culture
• How to encourage the values & behaviours in others
• Managing a diverse workforce
• Develop the confidence to effectively manage discrimination
• Implementing strategies for establishing open communication
• Using business policies & procedures
Other related subjects you may be interested in viewing
Futureproof’s training workshops require all delegates to take a full and active role throughout. Our mix of trainer led discussion, facilitation, coaching and skills practice ensures that all delegates enjoy an interactive and supportive learning experience
Just a thought…
“Diversity, or the state of being different, isn’t the same as inclusion. One is a description of what is, while the other describes a style of interaction essential to effective teams and organizations.” Bill Crawford