Duration: Half a day
Do you have strong feelings of inadequacy and self-doubt? Do you feel uncomfortable when people praise you and have a habit of playing down your strengths? If the answer to both questions is yes, you may be suffering from impostor syndrome.
This workshop offers a clear understanding of what imposter Syndrome is and how and why it impacts on us in the workplace. Delegates will explore skills and practices to help grow professional and personal confidence.
Who would benefit from attending?
The workshop is available for individuals who want to manage imposter symptoms and build personal confidence levels and for HR Professionals / Business Leaders who want to firstly develop their own knowledge before considering how they can support employees who suffer with the symptoms in the workplace.
Core development objectives covered
• What is Imposter Syndrome?
– Where does it come from?
• How does it affect us in the workplace?
– Why it is a particular challenge for women
• Recognising Imposter Syndrome in yourself and others
– Shame-based driver
– The Deadly P’s
– The Five Imposter beliefs & behaviours
• Learning how to let go of these imposter beliefs
– Growing personal confidence
– Developing self-belief
• Cultivating the 3 C’s
– Replacing self-criticism with self-care
– Connection / Curiosity / Courage
– Moving out of our comfort zone
– Achieving our potential
• Supporting people with Imposter Syndrome
– Spotting the symptoms
– Knowing what to say and how to start the conversation
– Offering the correct level of support
Futureproof’s training workshops require all delegates to take a full and active role throughout. Our mix of trainer led discussion, facilitation, coaching and skills practice ensures that all delegates enjoy an interactive and supportive learning experience.