Duration: 40 hours structured learning, plus self-study, project work and assignments
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is ideal if you have management responsibilities but no formal training and are serious about developing your abilities. It’s particularly suited to practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management and managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
Results for the employee
• Gain a range of key management skills
• Put new skills into practice in your own role
• Build your leadership capabilities
• Motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
• Develop your leadership skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations
Impact for the business
• Effective and confident first-line managers
• Better relationships and communication across teams
• Measurable results: workplace-based assessment ensures new skills are effectively transferred to your business
• A broad range of optional units – qualification can be tailored to your organisation’s learning and development needs.
What will the programme cover?
For the Award level qualification the subject areas delivered fall into seven unit areas:
• Core management skills – such as understanding how to organise and delegate
• Ability to perform management tasks –manage projects, lead meetings
• Team leadership – for example, how to motivate people to improve performance
• Change and innovation – plan and manage change, create a culture of innovation
• A full range of communications skills
• Managing people and relationships – negotiation, networking, building relationships
• Leadership – understand leadership, use action learning to develop your leadership capabilities.
Further information regarding example unit content is provided on the following page. It is important to note that all sessions can be tailored to incorporate core business values, internal policies and procedures and any other key business themes / language.