01623 409 824 | email@example.com
Duration: 1 to 2 days | Maximum group size: 12 people
An effective performance appraisal requires a manager to master the art of setting SMART objectives and providing constructive feedback and praise. Delegates will learn the importance of pre-appraisal preparation and explore ways in which they can encourage a two-way conversation with all appraisees.
We will also address how managers can handling difficult conversations whilst maintaining a professional working relationship. This course can be tailored to incorporate your internal appraisal process, core competencies and business values.
Who would benefit from attending?
For all managers who want to conduct professional and productive performance appraisals / personal development reviews.
Core development objectives covered
• The benefits of conducting an effective performance appraisal
• Pre-meeting preparation for the manager & appraisee
• Encouraging a two-way conversation
• Providing constructive feedback on good / poor performance
• The importance of consistency and fairness during all appraisals
• Ensuring feedback is objective & based on observable behaviour
• Setting & agreeing SMART objectives
• Linking objectives to team and organisational objectives
• Demonstrating active listening & effective questioning techniques
• Using positive verbal & non-verbal behavior
• Promoting a continuous personal development team culture
• Handling difficult conversations with confidence
• Avoiding manipulation & maintaining a professional working relationship
Other related subjects you may be interested in viewing
Futureproof’s training workshops require all delegates to take a full and active role throughout. Our mix of trainer led discussion, facilitation, coaching and skills practice ensures that all delegates enjoy an interactive and supportive learning experience.
Just a thought…
Performance reviews are an essential task for any company in this day and age. Regular employee evaluation is the only way to ensure that not only are you getting the most out of your employees, but that your employees are getting the most out of their experience with you, and that everyone is fully engaged within your company.