01623 409 824 | email@example.com
Duration: 1 day | Maximum group size: 12 people
This course is designed for Managers / HR professional who are expected to deal with absence in the workplace. Delegates will explore the key drivers and different types of absence and how to manage each type one confidently and effectively.
We will stress the importance of taking a proactive, consistent and clear approach to managing absence and delegates will develop the confidence to conduct a professional return to work interview.
Who would benefit from attending?
Ideal for Managers or HR Professionals who want to gain the knowledge and confidence to handle absence effectively.
Note: We can incorporate any relevant internal policies and procedures during delivery.
Core development objectives covered
• Understand the importance of managing absence
• The impact high levels of absence have on the business
• The role of the manager in taking a proactive approach
• A review of policies & procedures
• The importance of applying a consistent approach
• Identifying different types of absence
• Recognising the different causes of absence
• Managing short term absence
• Managing long term absence
• Knowing what support is available
• Conducting return to work interviews
• Maintaining a professional working relationship
Other related subjects you may be interested in viewing
Futureproof’s training workshops require all delegates to take a full and active role throughout. Our mix of trainer led discussion, facilitation, coaching and skills practice ensures that all delegates enjoy an interactive and supportive learning experience.
Just a thought…..
‘Employee absence can be costly to organisations, affecting personal and organisational productivity. Not only is there a direct financial cost but the morale of other employees is affected as they pick up the burden of additional work, and key projects suffer disruption.’ – Sophie Swanscott