01623 409 824 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 2 days | Maximum group size: 12 people
This course is designed for managers who want to learn the core skills required to become a good workplace mentor. Done well, mentoring is a highly effective method of people development.
Delegates will explore how they can build a supportive relationship with a mentee and ensure that all conversations are meaningful and productive. They will understand the importance of having a mentoring structure / contract in place to help both parties get the most out of the time spent together.
Who would benefit from attending?
This course is ideal for manager who have taken on board the responsibility of becoming a workplace mentor. This course can be tailored to suit all management levels.
Core development objectives covered
• What is the role of a mentor?
• Understanding how effective mentoring can impact on performance
• What will the business expect of you as a mentor?
• The difference between coaching and mentoring
• Identifying the key skills of a good mentor
• Active listening skills
• Effective questioning techniques
• The mentor / mentee relationship
• Agreeing the principles of the relationship (mentoring contract)
• Understanding different learning styles
• How to adapt your approach to get the best out of others
• Tracking improvements & progress
Other related subjects you may be interested in viewing
Futureproof’s training workshops require all delegates to take a full and active role throughout. Our mix of trainer led discussion, facilitation, coaching and skills practice ensures that all delegates enjoy an interactive and supportive learning experience.
Just a thought….
“The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves.” ― Steven Spielberg