01623 409 824 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Half a day / 1 day
This course introduces the concepts of equality, diversity and inclusion, and provides an overview of the main legislation and its practical implications. Delegates will explore how to play a positive role by exploring how to break down barriers to equality & diversity including unconscious bias and stereotypes and challenge unacceptable behaviour effectively.
Evidence shows organisations that are more diverse and inclusive outperform those that are not. This course will look at different work-based scenarios were a successful diversity and inclusion strategy can be applied.
Who would benefit from attending?
For individuals who want to learn more about diversity and inclusion and take a proactive approach to breaking down the barriers that exist within an organisation.
Core development objectives covered
• What diversity and inclusion?
• The key legal principles which impact on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
• Identifying the four main types of discrimination
• Why it makes business sense to embrace diversity and inclusion?
• Understanding unconscious bias
– Why everyone holds unconscious beliefs
– The difference between conscious & unconscious bias
– Learning how to adjust your patterns of thinking
• Skills Practice Session – Identifying Barriers to Inclusion
Looking at key business operations such as recruitment / delegation / performance management succession planning delegates will be asked to identify how unconscious bias can affect the decision we make.
• How to encourage the values and behaviours that foster an inclusive
– Identifying key behaviours required
– Employing an inclusive approach to all business activties
• Challenging discrimination at work
– Offering constructive feedback
– Knowing when formal action is required
Futureproof’s training workshops require all delegates to take a full and active role throughout. Our mix of trainer led discussion, facilitation, coaching and skills practice ensures that all delegates enjoy an interactive and supportive learning experience.